NYPD Leadership Program
The Spring 2024 application is now closed. We are currently accepting new students for the Fall 2024 semester.
- Guaranteed admission to John Jay College as an undergraduate or graduate non-degree student (registration for classes are on a first come, first served basis)
- Tuition and textbooks covered for four courses (12 credits total)
- Receive up to 90 transfer credits, including up to 36 credits for NYPD recruit training (undergraduate students only)
- Earn a Certificate of Completion after completing the program
- Apply credits earned in the Leadership Program toward a bachelor's or master's degree program at John Jay College
- Additional tuition discounts are available outside of the NYPD Leadership Program:
Students in a bachelor's degree program may register for courses outside of the Leadership Program at any time, to complete their bachelor's degree. Students in the graduate non-degree program may enroll in a master's program at any time. It is strongly encouraged to refer to the applicability of courses to degree program prior to enrollment.
The students in the Program meet once a week on Fridays at John Jay College. Courses are offered during morning, afternoon and evening times in the fall and spring semesters. Students may register for one course per semester. Click here to review the courses in the Leadership Program.
All active NYPD UMOS police officers and supervisors of any ranking are eligible for the NYPD Leadership Program.
Returning students may contact Christel Lytwyn at firstname.lastname@example.org for readmission processes and deadlines.
Important note: Registration is on a first come, first served basis and may close prior to the application deadline. Applications received after the deadline will be processed based on space availability.