The Department of Online Education & Support (DOES) partners with campus educators - including faculty, students & staff - to inspire, enrich & innovate John Jay’s collective teaching & learning community. In doing so, our approach is
> Student-Centered: Positioning learners at the core of effective course design
> Evidence-Based: Identifying & disseminating effective teaching strategies supported by research
> Equitable & Inclusive: Welcoming & advocating for diverse perspectives & ensuring experiences are accessible to all students
> Collaborative: Working closely with faculty, students & staff to support their professional development as educators
> Iterative: Providing opportunities for faculty, students & staff to practice, refine & expand their teaching skills through workshops, one-on-one consultations & other professional development opportunities
John Jay online courses are designed to make learning more accessible while delivering the same academically rigorous content in a flexible & convenient format. If you are interested in our online degree, degree completion & certificate programs, please visit online.jjay.cuny.edu for more information.
John Jay College is able to deliver its online programs in states outside New York through the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) process.
SARA is a voluntary agreement among its member states & U.S. territories that establishes one set of national standards & regulations for offering postsecondary distance education courses & programs. This agreement is administered by four regional educational compacts & overseen by NC-SARA. New York is a member of SARA & John Jay College is an approved SARA institution. We adhere to the established SARA standards for offering online education among member states, districts & territories.
SARA benefits for online students:
- Expands access to educational offerings
- Enhances overall quality of distance education
- Leads to better resolution of complaints from students in SARA states.
For more information regarding NC-SARA & complaint resolution, please visit:
DOES is committed to improving the educational quality and accessibility of technology-enhanced education to foster faculty, staff, and student success. We support the use and adoption of instructional technologies and learning environments for online, hybrid, and face-to-face teaching. We are uniquely positioned to promote and encourage the use of best practices in online pedagogy, guided by research, inquiry, and experimentation. We assist academic departments with the design and delivery of online courses and programs while promoting a culture of innovation at the college.
Our strategic goals are to
1. Create a holistic approach for the development, delivery, assessment, and revision of online education at John Jay College
2. Partner with faculty to create, sustain, and advance high quality, technology-enhanced fully online courses and programs that meet industry best standards
3. Sustain and expand the College's fully online program offerings, including degrees, certificates, and courses, in response to the evolving needs and preferences of students
4. Collaborate with various stakeholders to establish a robust communication plan to ensure the success of fully online students and to continuously refine strategies and support services to enhance outcomes
5. Foster a culture of innovation within the College community, encouraging faculty and staff to explore emerging technologies/environments and pedagogical approaches that can enhance the quality and effectiveness of online education
Meet Our Team
Associate Director, Operations & Compliance
Associate Director, Instructional Design
Senior Instructional Designer
Student Success Coach/Manager
Senior Multimedia Specialist
Director for Learning Management Systems
Senior Learning Management Support Specialist
Learning Management Support Specialist